|It’s written “I want to win Zaid.com giveaway” Salah tuliis *Mohdzaid.com LOL!|
Yes, I do! I’ve actually been mulling over getting a domain again for quite some time now. That’s pretty random, I know, since it’s truly been years since I actively blogged. But what with my blogshop up and running, and the sudden urge to start web designing again, I’ve found myself considering my options. 😀
Some of you might know, but I used to have a web designing site; www.vixen-deity.com. I was hosted on Lunarpages, which had huuge space and bandwidth but it turns out I didn’t actually need all that much. We’re talking 450GB space & transfer. That’s a lot! So I paid for A LOT of space & transfer that I didn’t actually use. It was about 250USD back then (2006?). But now with the tight finances as a student instead of a freelancer I would definitely feel the pinch squeezing out that much per year. Gah! RM250 pun tidak mampu.
I digress so early on in the post! Back to this contest I’m trying to win, as fate would have it I actually stumbled upon it on the last day of entry :)) I don’t know what my chances are of winning as I entered so late, but if enthusiasm (and perhaps desperation) is the criteria for a win, I’d say I’m a shoo-in! LOL. En. Mohd Zaid, tengok la my crazy eyes ni! Desperate tak! I know I look calm and composed in the first picture but this is what I really look like right now:
|Must.. win.. hosting…! GIMME|
So. Enough of scaring En. Mohd Zaid. =P Without further ado, here’s my compilation of reasons why
I’m so creepy I really want to win this!
Mengapa Saya Ingin Menang Hadiah Ini
- I’ve done the quick browse through and the sponsor of the giveaway, Exabytes.com.my, looks like a reputable domain/hosting service provider. They’ve won so many awards, I’m impressed!
- I take up a LOT of space because most of my pics that I post are high-res, not to mention I post a lot of pictures. Okay so you can’t see a lot of them here, but I do post a lot on my shop – that’s about 5 high-res pictures per item. If I were to move out of Blogger and pay for my own hosting, and the only hosting I can afford has little space or bandwidth, I would cry maggi-hot-cup-ful of tears! My customers would be expectantly looking for updates and all they get is “bandwidth exceeded”. What will they do? ALT+F4 lah, and drive to the nearest shopping mall. And the hosting that Exabytes is sponsoring is really generous – 10GB disk space and 50GB bandwidth (monthly data transfers). I’ve compared it with the local prices
- Don’t get me wrong, I love Blogger for making blogging and opening a blogshop so easy for all of us. But of course, Blogger has its own limitations. I’ve tried to work my way around those, but I haven’t been able to overcome all of them – I think certain features will just never be made available. It’s a free platform afterall, beggars can’t be choosers I know, however, that I can make it work if I host my own designs 😀
- I desperately want an e-commerce system installed! Grr *grumpy*. Needless to say, I can’t have an online shop with a shopping cart system without being hosted! I think a shopping cart system would be so much more professional for my shop. Just look at it now, that doesn’t look like much of a shop, does it?
(I must mention that looks can be deceiving – how nitpicky I am about customer service, that’s the level of service I provide too – Do unto others as you would have others do unto you 😉 )
- Exabytes has a promising uptime and a 100 days money-back guarantee. That’s a long time! And it definitely beats Lunarpages with their 30 days.
- Because I degil but resourceful. 😀 Exabytes doesn’t recommend the plan for online stores, but I want to anyway! If I can’t make it work, I can still do something with it – perhaps my personal blog or my web design site!
- Because when if En. Mohd. Zaid calls or emails me then I can personally thank him for giving the rest of us (the domain-less .blogspot lot) this opportunity! And perhaps ask him to pass on the gratitude to Exabytes too, for sponsoring the giveaway. Because I do think that owning your own domain gives you an edge. Especially for personal bloggers. It’s like waving a placard that clearly says “I made it.” Made what, I don’t know lah LOL.
Exabytes is No. 1 in Malaysia!
And this means something because I’m actually a very discerning customer. I would be hunting high and low for the best deals, the best services, the best of everything I can get. I’m pretty hard to please 😛
|The man behind the giveaway. Picture stolen from his site. *runs away*|